KAPPA offers two types of Sponsorships, which are open to all KAPPA institutional members in good standing. Current members of the KAPPA board are not eligible.
Norman H Bedell Annual Scholarship
You can attend APPA professional development programs by taking advantage of the “Norman H. Bedell Annual Scholarship” program. The KAPPA Norman H Bedell scholarship will include the full cost of registration / tuition and up to a maximum of $2,500 related travel expenses towards attending an APPA professional development program (Institute, Leadership Academy, Supervisor’s Toolkit, or the credentialing program). Recipients are selected and announced at the Annual Spring Business Meeting. The only requirement is that scholarships must be used within 12 months of the award. Two (2) scholarships will be awarded each year.
ERAPPA Annual Meeting Scholarship
In addition to the APPA scholarship program, KAPPA offers scholarships for the ERAPPA Annual Meeting. Two (2) scholarships will be available each year to institutional members of KAPPA in good standing. Current members of the KAPPA Board are not eligible. One (1) ERAPPA Scholarship will be available for a first time attendee who has not attended one of the last five (5) ERAPPA Annual Meetings. This scholarship will include $1,500 towards registration and travel expenses. One (1) ERAPPA Scholarship will be available to all institutional members of KAPPA in good standing. This scholarship will include $1,500 towards registration and travel expenses. The only requirement is that scholarships awarded at the Spring KAPPA Meeting must be used for that calendar year’s ERAPPA Annual Meeting. Two (2) scholarships will be awarded each year. To take advantage of any of these scholarships, please complete the following steps:
- Apply for a scholarship today by filling out the application.
- Submit the application. The application deadline is by June 15 each year to Second Vice President Erik Cagle (see instructions on application). Incomplete applications will not be considered. A completed application includes the application form, the applicant’s personal statement, and the supervisor’s evaluation.
To support the education, personal development and advancement of facilities professionals, ERAPPA has established scholarships to help with the financial support for several APPA programs and the ERAPPA Annual Conference. The next application process for scholarships typically open on or about April 1 and ends on September 1. The following types of scholarships are available through ERAPPA. Note: Applicants must be employed by ERAPPA member educational institutions.
- ERAPPA Educational Scholarship – The ERAPPA Educational Scholarship covers one of the following educational opportunities:
- Institute for Facilities Management (any one of four tracks)
- Leadership Academy (any one of four tracks)
- Supervisor’s Toolkit
- APPAU Graduate Program
- Click here for a complete description of the ERAPPA Educational Scholarship criteria, application and award process.
- ERAPPA Credentialing Scholarship
- Click here for news about ERAPPA’s investment in your future and access to the APPA Credentialing Program for FREE!
- ERAPPA Ambassador Scholarship
- The application process for typically opens on or about April 1! (Scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.)